The Production Support Supervisor ensures Clow Valve is the leading water works provider by supporting Manufacturing and Production departments while improving plant operations. Drives efficiency by guaranteeing quality performance of tooling through researching, testing, purchasing, and innovative processes.
b. Complete 2 employee performance conversations per month
3. Sustainability: Scrap of <4% in both Iron and Brass Foundries.
4. Customer Experience: Reduce production support downtown by 10% annually.
1. Leadership/Management (40%) Lead and assist personnel in the design of tooling with a specific focus on gating and riser design for maximum quality and efficiency. Be the point of contact for the department by effectively delegating responsibility and allocating tasks and resources. Secure expedient completion of projects by effectively prioritizing, allocating, and adjusting requisitions accordingly. Keep track of employee’s time management by efficiently tracking and recording employee work activity, scheduling, and timesheets using Ultipro and effective performance management techniques. Manage employee health and safety affairs by facilitating toolbox talk and departmental safety meetings as necessary. Enable employees to collaborate and brainstorm inventive labor methods and effective problem solving while empowering them by providing opportunities and freedom to be creative. Allow personnel to create systems innovation of small or large magnitude. Instill professional gratification by inspiring and empowering leadership development while promoting positive employee interaction.
2. Sustainability (40%): Commission materials and tooling for necessary projects. Vet and purchase superior and faster machine tools and track tooling prices to facilitate acquisition. Drive customer satisfaction by tracking and improving production support downtime and scrap issues. Oversee a clean and organized pattern shop and core room by ensuring upkeep and facilitating its priority.
3. Innovation (10%): Encourage conceptualizing, innovative, and effective systems thinking as well as inclusive process and plant improvements. Assist in visualizing and designing advanced tooling and processes that drive continued innovation. Partner with engineering to create manufacturing friendly solutions that drive manufacturing excellence and promote high customer experience.
4. Customer Experience (10%): Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with internal management and personnel, as well as vendors and tooling manufacturers on testing and development. Provide necessary support, consistent, and dependable follow-up, as well as status updates for Production department and machines.
Education & Experience: